As the year winds down, it’s a good idea to review your online presence for its strengths and weaknesses. Consumer acquisition is an ever-evolving process, so it’s important to stay aware of trends and results. Learn more about visual content and why you should make video a part of your marketing strategy in 2019.
Rising in Popularity, Yet Still Overlooked by Some Companies
According to Wyzowl’s Video Marketing Statistics 2018 Survey, 76% of businesses cited video content as helping to increase their profits. Yet, many are still hesitant to explore and utilize this vital tool. Which of these thoughts is holding you back?
- You’re self-conscious about having cameras around.
- Your company is small or just starting out.
- It’s not worth the time and money to learn and produce videos.
- Video doesn’t seem relevant to your industry.
- You’re concerned about assigning cast and crew responsibilities.
It’s normal to make these kinds of arguments. But read on to learn why overcoming your concerns might be worth the energy.
Advantages to Using Video in 2019
There’s no denying the appeal of visually oriented information – think of music videos, fashion shows, and cooking tutorials. Consider these benefits to making video a part of your marketing strategy in 2019:
- Video increases traffic and subscribers.
- It generates engagement and helps maintain consumer interest.
- You get additional organic reach by users sharing and forwarding videos to friends.
- It creates a more personal connection with your audience.
- It helps boost search engine results and email click-through rates
For many, technical specifications, product details, and FAQs are easier to recall when visualized and not just relayed as words. As people rely more on mobile rather than desktop devices, you need to grab attention in a relatable, eye-catching manner. In Virtuets’ 45 Video Marketing Statistics report, 73% of sellers prefer realtors who include video with their listings. This powerful component instantly draws consumers in, bringing an experience to online patrons. Consider even the effects of 360° video to “sell” vehicles and vacation destinations!
Guidelines for Video Content in Your 2019 Marketing Strategy
Earlier this year, we told you that video is one of the top trends in content marketing, and that trend will only continue. To get started, create a plan around your goals and target audience. Keep lighting, colors, and subtitles easy on the eyes, and try to focus on action as much as possible. If the topics do call for more talking than performing, work in graphics or animations.
Place your videos on landing pages, embed them in blog posts, and use them as thumbnail CTAs. Experiment with A/B email test headers, and see video subject lines and messages compare. Give readers control over viewing, by setting one-clicks for the video to go from static to animations.
Other features to include:
- Subscribe to series, blog, or e-newsletter buttons
- Social media links
- Testimonials and customer interactions
- Tours, and footage from conventions, volunteer or charitable efforts
- Thank you messages
Show your audience that you appreciate their interest and patronage, and want them to continue enjoying your products. Make video a part of your marketing strategy in 2019, and (literally) watch how your customer base and sales increase!